In this manual you will learn about the conversion rate optimization and how this strategy helps you in maximizing your sales. We all know everyone wants to covert their visitors into customers, at this point the CRO plays very important role.
What Is A Conversion?
A conversion is the particular action that you want your visitor to take on your website or landing page, such as:
- Add to cart
- Get Free Kit
- Click to chat
- Download Samples
- Request A Quote
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
The conversion changes the web visitor into a lead or a customer.
Results Observed After Conversion Rate Optimization:
How Is Conversion Rate Calculated?
Your overall website conversion rate can be calculated using the following equation:
Overall Website Conversion Rate = (Number of website conversions / number of website visitors) x 100
Example for e-commerce website conversion rate: (Number of orders / number of website visitors) x 100
This overall conversion rate can easily be set up in all good web analytics tools (for example in Google Analytics for any of your site goals – see screenshot below) and can easily be setup in website testing tools too.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
- With the help of these 7 tools you can easily increase your conversion Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of optimizing your landing pages, and overall website design to raise your conversion rate i.e converting visitors into customers.
- Conversion Rate Optimization is the process of increasing website leads and sales without spending money on attracting more visitors by reducing your visitor "bounce rate".
- Bounce rate is an Internet marketing term used in web traffic analysis. It determines the percentage of visitors who enter the site and leave the site (bounce) rather than continue viewing other pages of the site.
Why CRO Is So Important?
Reason #1: The obvious reason to improve your conversion rate is that you want more customers without having to spend a penny more on advertising.
Reason #2: Improves your website so that it engages more visitors, and increases the chances of them returning (cheaper than acquiring new visitors)
Reason #3: CRO is all about research, testing and analysis. By using CRO you are able to get a better understanding of your customer.
Reason #4: It increases Lifetime Customer Value (LCV), it means the probable customer will purchase additional services or products in the future.
Reason #5: It makes you more valuable to affiliates and partners.
Reason #6: It creates a powerful flywheel of momentum that will enhance your market share. The better your conversion rate, the more traffic you can afford, the more customers you get, and so on.
7 Tools That We Highly Recommend For CRO:
1) Exit Popups:
- Exit pop-ups are one of the most important website lead generators. They appear on screen just when your visitor is about to (or has) bounced.
- The exit popup software was developed to help e-commerce sites achieve their objectives of getting: Followers – Subscribers -- Buyers – High financial returns.
- What’s a way to keep your website visitor engaged just as they’re about to bounce? Ask a question that requires a yes, no or exit response.
Exit Popups helps in increasing the conversion rate by:
- Preventing the visitor to bounce to another web page.
- Attractive use of call to action on Exit popups diverts the mind of visitors to continue with your page.
An Example of perfectly optimized exit popup shown below:
The conversion rate of QuickSPROUT increases from 20% to 80% by using exit popups. The exit popups service providers are:
- Social Triggers uses a question in their exit popup.
- Search Engine Journal uses exact odd numbers strategy in their blog exit popup.
- Conversion XL uses the clear and large view of exit popup.
- KISSmetrics uses shock heading strategy to give bouncing traffic pause.
2) Top Bars / Sticky Bars:
- The quickest way to drive sales is to send traffic from your blog to either a landing page or your homepage. This can be done by using sticky bars or top bars.
- Through Sticky Bar, which is free, you can direct blog traffic to your corporate site.
- By using sticky top bar you can manage your site flow and grab user's attention very easily when he scrolls down the website.
- This helps in increasing your conversion rate from 20% - 35 %.
3) Sticky / Fixed Side bars: A sticky sidebar is that which remains fixed to your screen when you scroll down.According to various web results, a fixed widget gets noticed easier than other static side bars placed in a blog. Some benefits of these bars are:
- They make browsing a website far easier.
- Having a Sticky top bar at your website is a major feather in the impatient user’s cap, particularly if the website has messy and unmanaged content.
Benefits of Sticky Sidebar:
- Having a Sticky Sidebar with navigational elements makes it easier for users to route their way around a website.
- By using this sidebar user can easily navigate to other pages of the website and this helps in reducing the bounce rate of the site.
4) Social Share Buttons: Most people prefer to share your page, Adding share buttons increases your chances of getting your content shared across the social space.
- Social share buttons reflects visitors that your offer and brand are trustworthy and reliable.
- Encourage your visitors to share and comment, which produces relevant and unique, user-generated-content.
- By using these buttons you are able to get more traffic to your site.
- Social Sharing buttons helps in building your brand image.
By adding social share buttons steamfeed.com conversion rate increases from 40%-50%.
5) Urgency timer: Countdown timers create a sense of urgency. Creating urgency is a proven technique for increasing sales and conversions. To ensure fast purchase, consider adding a timer to show the customer the time until which the item can be reserved for him.
- Urgency timers reduces distraction.
- These timers indicate users that the product is for limited time, purchase it now. This increase the conversion rate more efficiently.
Urgency Timers you can use at your site are:
- Exit Offers
- Bundle Offer
- Regular Deal
- Express Shipping
- Spot Deal/ Mystery Offer
- Variable pricing / Price goes up
Listed below is a graph that shows increase in conversion rate and reduction in bounce rate through urgency timers.
6) Testimonials: Testimonials are an extremely important part of the success of your business. These are written or recorded statements that support your credibility and level of expertise.
- Written testimonials increased customer conversion by 25%.
- In order to achieve the most positive testimonials, be sure that you’re marketing your product to the right individuals.
- If you want to attract more customers you need to have a real testimonials on your site.
- Video testimonials boosts conversion rate by 25% and 201% respectively. So video testimonials can be extremely effective.
How to do testimonials on your website?
- Testimonials helps in building trust.
- Authenticity is key, so use real testimonials from real people.
- You should make full use of your social media channels to spread the word regarding your real testimonials.
- Use video testimonials since many people prefer to watch video rather than reading.
- If used well, customer testimonials can build trust, increase sales and keep your business from being another fail-gate.
- To increase conversion rate use video and written testimonials at homepage if it is a product based site.
- Strategic and intelligent use of testimonials can go a long way in promoting your business worldwide.
Listed below is a graph that shows the effect of testimonials on conversion rate:
7) Match Landing Page Copy With PPC Ads:
- Effective landing pages make sure to match the words used in their page copy with the keywords and text used in their PPC Ads.
- Repeating the same language and key phrases ensure visitors that they’re on the right path and shows uniformness.
Here is an example of how PPc Ad keyword is related with landing page keyword. This helps in increasing the conversion rate.
Landing page of GreatCall
With the help of these 7 tools you can easily increase your conversion rate upto 90%.